Thursday, November 29
2. Front Squat
3 Rounds for max reps:
Wall Balls, 20/14
RD 1 :50 sec on, :10 sec rest at each movement
RD 2 :45 sec on, :15 sec rest at each movement
RD 3 :40 sec on, : 20 sec rest at each movement
Bring the same intensity to each round. Report scores as total reps for each round.
It’s Only Weird if You Make it Weird
Too often in CrossFit (and to a greater extent, life) we operate well within the safe and comfortable limits of our past experience. We push pretty hard, but we remain comfortable ; we train only on Tuesday at 9am when Jupiter is in line with Mars, and we feel ‘off’ if it’s any other time or day; we only lift to gut-wrenching, ear piercing Rock music, and we could never possibly PR to anything less; we always wear our hats, gloves, and sweatshirts to run, and we can never forgo our gear. In order to truly surpass our best, I contend that we must experience our worst.
- Run outside without your sweatshirt (or, if that's normal, run WITH your sweatshirt)
- Lift to music that you never listen to (better yet, lift to no music)
- Team up with someone you don’t know well
- Team up with someone who will push you harder
- Try training in a different spot in the gym
- Try training at a different time
- Experience what it’s like to train with a vest
- Push yourself past your ‘top’ speed
- Add a new movement to your warmup each week
- Train without your favorite pre-workout food or beverage
Post your 2 ESCAPES to the comments of that particular day’s workout. The one disclaimer — don’t do anything stupid in finding your particular means of escape. Each individual’s level of tolerance is different. Be smart about what you are testing and why.