Thursday, May 2
1RM = TODAY's heaviest successful lift for 1 rep.
PR = your heaviest 1 rep EVER.
It is OK if TODAY's heavy lift is not a PR, or even close to a PR. If you give your best effort TODAY, be proud. Each day's effort pushes you closer to your goal, even if you don't feel it yet.
Front Squat Focus
1. Mobility = Couch stretch, Box Hip stretch, Band Hamstring stretch, Lacross ball to the hips and calves, Tricep rollout on barbell, Tricep band stretch
2. Warm up with 2 supersets of 10 Goblet Squats alternating with 10 Reverse Hyper resistance lifts (keep weight that is currently on the machine, resist weight on way back down - count to 5 slowly).
3. Squat to a 1 rep max for today.
4. Drop about 20 to 30% off the bar and squat up to a heavy 3
("heavy 3" means the heaviest weight you can do without missing) -
go up by no more than 10-20 lb. at a time.
3. Drop about 20 to 30% off of that and do 2 sets of 5 with the best form you can muster, trying to come up as fast out of the hole as you possibly can.