How Do I Stay On the Zone While Eating Out???
Zone Rules for Dining Out
- Never eat the rolls. If you’re going to eat carbohydrates, save it for dessert.
- Always choose a low-fat protein entrée and ask to replace any starches or grains with extra vegetables.
- While waiting for dinner, have a glass of water.
- If the low-fat protein you order is significantly greater than the size of your palm, take the excess home.
- Determine whether the carbohydrates on your plate are favorable or unfavorable. If you’re eating favorable carbohydrates, have double the volume of carbohydrates compared to the protein portion.
- If dining out is not complete without dessert, then don’t eat any carbohydrates during the meal. Order whatever you want for dessert, but eat only half.