Free Saturday Community Workout
Come to CrossFit Flagstaff this coming Saturday, March 7th at 9:00 a.m.! Bring a friend -or two! Bring your KIDS! CrossFit Flagstaff KIDZ is also hosting a free Saturday event to introduce kids to the fun of fitness and health. Many wonder what CrossFit is all about and each month we will be hosting a free Saturday event in which everyone is invited to come and participate, learn, ask questions, and socialize! Watch the calendar for the dates and locations, as they will vary.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive of many and varied movements. Our specialty is not specializing in one single thing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
The intro will be approximately an hour long and is open to all fitness and experience levels. The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity to each individual based on need and experience; we don’t change programs per individual.
This is a group workout that will start with a warmup, followed by an intro to the movements and expectations in the workout, and the actual workout will consist of approximately 30 minutes of intense physical activity working:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
5. Power – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement patter to another.
9. Balance – the ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Once you have been to a free Saturday event, if you are interested in more, all other Saturday's in the month are open to the public at the normal drop-in class rate. If you are hooked and you want even more than that and are committed to working hard to make a change in your life, we offer 5 introductory private sessions prior to joining the group classes, to ramp you up and introduce you to the foundational movements and how our gym works.