January of course marks ‘resolution time’ for the majority of the country—particularly within the realm of health and fitness.
The CrossFit culture itself breeds a ton of motivated individuals—eager to change their lives and strive for greatness on a daily basis (inside and outside the gym).
Here’s our list of the TOP 25 NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS FOR CROSSFITTERS that we’ve seen over the past 11 years that we’ve been playing a part in building a fit community, both here in Flagstaff and around the globe.
- Drop it like it’s hot under a new 1-rep-max backsquat (and stand it back up)
- Try that ‘caveman thing’ (ie. Paleo, ie. ‘eating real food’)
- Wake up earlier to hit a 5:30 or 6:30 a.m. class on a regular basis
- Shave 1-minute off your Fran time
- Stop cherry-picking workouts—show up on the days I don’t like the workout on the whiteboard
- ‘Get’ my pull-ups
- ‘Get’ a muscle-up or handstand pushup
- Handstand walk X-amount of feet
- Look good naked.
- ‘Go RX’ on a WOD
- Push X-amount of weight overhead
- Join the ‘200 club’ (for girls)- squats or deadlifts; Join the ‘300’ or ‘400’ club (for guys)
- Stop comparing myself—it’s me vs. me
- Cut out added sugar
- Gain some muscle
- Shed some body fat
- Participate in the Open
- Sign up for a local competition
- Take a podium spot in a competition
- Get a friend or family member to try CrossFit out
- Get my ‘Level I’ (or Level II, now) Certification
- Start a bootcamp or CrossFit-style workout for teachers, kids, inner-city neighborhoods, etc.
- PR an old Open workout, Benchmark or Hero WOD
- Increase my 400-meter run or 500-meter row split
- Learn to swim