El Pollo Fuego
- 2lbs chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped jalapenos
- 2 chopped roasted green chilis (or 1-4 oz can)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- eggs, for topping
- avacado, for topping
- grated cheese, for topping
- sour cream, for topping
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot.
2. Add everything else except the egg, avocado, cheese and sour cream
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.
4. When it's done cooking, use two forks to shed the chicken.
5. When you are ready to serve, fry an egg (I like over medium)
6. Put chicken in a bowl, and top with the fried egg, avacado, cheese, and sour cream.
If you do not eat dairy, leave off the cheese and sour cream- your loss. Left overs can be frozen for quick dinners at a later date. The meat mixture can also be used for tacos or burritos if you eat tortillas. To give credit where credit is due, I adapted this recipe from one I found on PaleOMG. Check out her website, it's great!