10 Tips When Eating Paleo
- Enjoy eating paleo. Enjoy what you eat. If you are unhappy with
what you are eating you are unlikely to continue to keep eating that
way, and once the nutrition is gone, staying fit and healthy becomes
- Pre-cook food. Spend a few hours at the beginning of the week and
cook big batches of food. This will allow you to minimise the amount of
time that you have to spend cooking during the week.
- Cook more that you need. This is similar to the previous tip, the
idea being that if you cook more than you need for one meal then you
can eat it later, or the next day.
- Rather than cutting yourself off from all of those foods which you
enjoy that aren’t 100% paleo friendly, simply eat smaller amounts and
- Do not keep junk/unhealthy food that you know you shouldn’t eat, in
the house. For most people, if it is in the house they will eventually
- Do not run out of food. This is horrible. Do not let it happen to you.
- Try planning out your meals for a week. This comes easily to type
one personalities, for the rest of us it can be a nuisance. Though this
has the benefit of ensuring you know what you need in the house for the
week, and eliminates that time wasting period during which you try and
figure out what you should cook for dinner.
- Keep a handy meal replacement shake/can of tuna in your car/office/desk/bag for a paleo friendly snack in case plans change.
- Learn to use spices; this will do wonders for you and will offer variety and different flavors to your meals.
- Eat lots of vegetables; try and eat a good variety with many different colours.