We welcome Rob, as he joins us today! Rob just moved here and CrossFitted in Chicago.
Common Deadlift Errors. Common mistakes you need to avoid to minimize risks of injuries when doing Deadlifts.
- Hips Too High. Use your knees: it’s not a Stiff-legged Deadlift. Put the bar against your shins with the shoulder-blades directly over the bar.
- Hips Too Low. It’s not a Squat. Put the bar against your shins with the shoulder-blades directly over the bar. Shoulders in front of the bar.
- Bending Your Back. Increases the pressure on your spine thus increasing risk of injury. Keep your chest up at all times & look forward.
- Hyper-extending Your Back. As bad as bending. The Deadlift ends when your hips & knees are locked. No need to arch at the top.
- Rolling the Shoulders. Dangerous & inefficient. Your hip muscles move the weight, not your shoulders. Extend your knees & hips, stop.
- Shrugging at The Top. Unnecessary.
- Pulling with Bent Arms. You could tear your biceps by pulling with bent arms. Keep your arms straight, tighten your triceps.
Katy and Nikki both got their first pullup today!
Kim perserveres after knee injury and PR's 3 reps at weight over her previous 1RM! WOOT!